Metalube are currently seeking an eager individual to join our leading international lubricant business to be a part of our technical department.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of the senior chemist, formulate and develop new blended products, improve existing products
- Create documentation and SAP records for new products
- Prepare technical reports and presentations as required
- Liaise with Quality Control re problems with samples, batch monitoring and creation of QC specification for new products, including Safety Data Sheets
- Work with Production on the manufacture of new products and assist with other products as required
- Work with other departments such as Commercial and Marketing as required
- Keep up with developments in the lubricants market
- Ensure your workstation, the communal workspaces and facilities are always kept clean and tidy
- Abide by all Health and Safety procedures and company operating procedures in your day to day activities
- Participate in training sessions as required
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of this post as required by management
- Essential: A-level in a relevant science subject
- Desirable: Chemistry focused – degree or above
- Essential: Have the ability to foster good working relationships with colleagues in all departments/functions at varying levels of seniority or experience. Be comfortable in a laboratory environment. Have good motivation and organization skills.
- Desirable: Familiarity with product development methodologies – research, sample preparation, testing, review. Has industrial laboratory experience. Has commercial awareness.
- Essential: Strong aspiration to acquire in depth lubricant chemistry and application knowledge
- Desirable: Has a general understanding of the industrial lubricants industry
- Able to work as part of a team and help others to work together
- Able to work individually and unsupervised in accordance with the operating procedures of the company.
If you would like to speak to us in confidence before making an application, please feel free to call or email us.
To apply for this roll, please send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org