Metarol™ 463 Outperforms the Competition for Aluminium Rod Producer
One of the world’s largest producers of aluminium rod observed a trial between Metarol™ 463 and an indigenous hot rolling lubricant. The trial was evaluated in a 15,000 litre tank supplying to PROPERZI 10T/hour hot rolling line.
- The typical final rod size was 9.5mm
- A combination of EC grad and aluminium alloy were hot rolled
The following targets were set for evaluation:
- For EC/pure aluminium – reduce the existing maximum emulsion concentration of 16%
- Extend the emulsion life over 6 months
- Reduce the consumption rate from current 0.25L per tonne
- Stabilised performance at higher temperatures
After assessing the trial, it was concluded that Metarol™ 463 surpassed the expectations of the aluminium rod manufacturer.